“I’m honoured to witness the people I work with deepen their relationship with themselves and positively transform their lives. Through counselling, I can help you form an authentic, compassionate connection with yourself, which will empower you to make positive choices to enhance your relationships, mental health and wellbeing.“ — Michelle Date
Michelle can support you to increase your self-awareness to help you make the changes you are seeking in your life. She provides a supportive and collaborative environment where you can discuss your problems and concerns, and work on what you identify as being most important.
Michelle has special interest and experience in supporting people to feel good despite difficult experiences. These experiences may include grief and loss, recovery from trauma and abuse, depression, anxiety, addictions, anger and self-esteem issues, identity crises and relationship challenges. Her services are LGBTIQ+ inclusive.
There are many reasons people seek Michelle’s counselling services. Here are some ways she can support you:
- You want to better understand emotional difficulties such as anxiety, depression, stress or anger, and improve your mental health and wellbeing.
- You want to become better at managing your feelings, thoughts patterns, or problematic beliefs or behaviours.
- You want to form and maintain more meaningful and satisfying relationships with others, or deal with relationship issues, distress or loss.
- You want a safe way to become more aware of thoughts or feelings around grief and trauma and strategies to manage them.
- You want to find a solution to a specific problem in your life.
- You want to learn how to better understand and accept yourself.
- You want to explore new vocational directions or improve your effectiveness in the workplace.
- You want to increase your capacity to care for others or find ways to contribute to the collective good.
What happens in a counselling session?
Michelle provides a confidential, safe space to work through whatever life issues, grief or trauma you would like to address. You’re in charge of what to focus on. There’s no need to talk about the past unless you want to.
Your first session will focus on you talking about what has brought you to counselling and what changes you would like to make in your life. This helps Michelle to understand your situation. Michelle will explain how you can work together, what you can expect and how long it is likely to take for you to see changes. You will decide together how frequently your sessions will occur.
From there, Michelle will work with you to clarify the issues that are calling for change and explore solutions that make sense to you. This might mean working with you to imagine possibilities for a better future, or to choose realistic and challenging goals.
Michelle will also support you to develop strategies to help you get what you need or want out of life, so you feel more in control and able to plan for the future.
Telehealth counselling sessions
During COVID-19 restrictions, Michelle is providing counselling services over the phone or video via Telehealth.
Please note: Telehealth counselling is not intended for individuals with severe and ongoing mental health difficulties, or for those who are actively suicidal or in crisis. A list of crisis support services is available here.
Michelle offers secure sessions over the phone or the video link platform Zoom, which is very easy to use. All you need is a smartphone, laptop, computer or tablet with a web browser and an internet connection. Before your session, Michelle will send a link to your email. Extra time will be allowed during your first session to support you to connect.
Zoom protects content using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES 256).
Where is Michelle located?
During COVID-19 restrictions, Michelle is only providing counselling services over the phone or video via Telehealth.
Counselling fees and bookings
Counselling sessions cost $120 per hour. Concessions are available – please contact Michelle to discuss.
Some private health funds may offer rebates on counselling – please check with your fund.
For bookings or enquiries, please contact Michelle at:
Phone: 0419 239 507